Friday, March 11, 2011

I miss Mexican food!!!!!

I think that is what I miss most from California... 24/7 access to some of the greasiest, best Mexican food there is. In attempt to satiate my hunger for those flavors a bit, I bought some tortillas and enchilada sauce and taco meat seasonings... only to find out after my cart is full that jack cheese is nowhere to be found in this country! The few grocery store workers I asked for a translation or substitute option from had either never heard of jack cheese and tried to get me to buy parmesan, or hadn't heard of an enchilada! I guess that's understandable since they're about 8,500 miles apart.

(Funny side note, and please do not judge me for talking about something so politically incorrect... this is just informational data on Australian culture!!!: What some Queenslanders refer to as a "Mexican" really means the migrants from Melbourne and Sydney and the colder Southern Australian states who move North and flood Queensland so they can live in Queensland's awesome weather, hahaha... no wonder there's no jack cheese around here.)

If anyone can tell me what the type of cheese "Tasty" cheese is, that would be great. It definitely does not go well in a cheese enchilada.


Thanks for being so helpful and descriptive, Australia... but of all adjectives, I wouldn't use "tasty" for you. 

3 comments:

  1. Eh, I tried to help you with the cheese. It had a picture of nachos on the front. What's up with that? At least they have tortillas and enough stuff to fake some semi-decent Mexican food. Makes Taco Bell sound pretty darn good I bet. Maybe try shrimp tacos next. You won't need enchilada sauce or weird cheese.Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm TOTALLY judging you for not being 1000% PC....clearly I am the EXPERT on being perfectly appropriate and so your judgement is being passed from a high and mighty place.

    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha but seriously, do they actually use the exact word "Mexican"??? Youre killin me, smalls. This is GREAT! I had no idea so much humor could be derived of a culture that still speaks plain old english!

    ReplyDelete