Wednesday, February 23, 2011

An update by pictures

Pictures of the lovely University of Queensland St. Lucia campus:



(I won't actually attend classes here, I'll be on the med school campus but I had orientation here and it's so pretty with the sandstone buildings that I'll consider it my campus!)


Brian and Cheryl took me to the top of Q1 in Surfer's Paradise, the tallest residential complex in the world! It provided us with amazing views up and down the coastline and a delicious cappuccino at the top.



Side note: doesn't the Gold Coast kind of look like Chicago from this angle?! This is my picture of Chicago from the top of the John Hancock building last October:


I learned how to waterski!!!!!!!! I was a bit wary of learning since my first time learning resulted in no upright success and just a week of very, very sore arms. But with the whole Springer family's support and brief tutorials, I got up on my first try with them! Here's the sequence:





I was so excited and proud of myself that my mouth is gaping wide open or smiling in every single action shot! Thank you so much for inviting me along for such a fun day at Somerset Dam! (FYI, Somerset Dam was built after the horrible floods of 1974, and because of this dam, the recent floods of this past January weren't nearly as destructive and deadly as they could've been otherwise. It's currently at 195% capacity because of all the rain Brisbane has been getting! But it made for a great day of waterskiing!)

Needless to say, I am having lots of fun here enjoying the summertime in Brisbane!

1 comment:

  1. That a girl! Up early and out on the water. Hope you were drowning in sunscreen. All your pictures are so pretty. I cannot wait to see everything firsthand. Your little halfway house room is actually nicer than
    I thought, but then again I'm not waking up to the noise in the morning or the sweat in the day. So glad your Internet worked long enough for the updates. I'll be looking for more although you will be back in class soon. I love and miss you lots. Xoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete